Day Out

October 04, 2018

Everyone who knows me knows that Binondo is my go-to place for a photo walk - portrait, fashion, street, name it. My love for this dramatic town has grown bigger and bigger each time I visit. And finally after a long hiatus in photography, I was able to set foot in chinatown with my new gear (yay!) to capture some sundown portraits.

Also I was lucky enough to have amazing friends who are always down for anything. Shout out to Meryll Yanga, Jude Lopez and Russel Concepcion! You guys are amazing! <3

So here’s what went down that day…

At around 5pm, Meryll and I were walking around the streets of Poblete, and we stopped by this store that sells different types of candles and other chinese figurines to take couple of shots.

 
 
In Photos: Meryll Yanga @llyremny on instagram

As we were heading to Ongpin, we walked pass by this commercial building that has a very interesting deck. So Meryll and I gave it a chance and guess what... it looked amazing!

      

A trip to Binondo wouldn't be complete without those stores with neon lights...


I also took my new Sony a6500 to the test. See, I have always been afraid to shoot in lowlight. And I thought I was never gonna pull off this shoot, but boy, was I surprised with the outcome…

  

Time for the guys to rock the streets!


In Photos: Jude Lopez @judelopez_ on instagram

 


In Photos: Russel Concepcion @russelconcepcion on instagram


And another set for my muse, Meryll...



For me, Binondo is definitely a true gem of Manila. Its rich culture still reflects to date, and I will always be in awe for that. Day in and day out, this town will certainly surprise you in any kind of way. 


(And who says I can't pose for a photo for being too busy that day...well... atleast one)

And... that's a wrap!



In Photos

Photographed by: Yan Alabado

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog